With the holidays and this baby fast approaching, I have been trying to figure out a cute gift to give my high risk nurses. I wanted this gift to be extra special because they have been so amazing to myself and Baby Evelynne throughout my entire pregnancy. I don’t know what I would do without them.
I have thought about lots of different gifts but I wanted it to be something that they could use the whole year. At the dollar store, I found cute sparkly plastic tumblers and came up with the idea of painting something nurse related on the tumbler then fill the tumbler with another handmade gift.
I found a cute stethoscope picture, printed it out as my guide and painted it on the tumbler. I filled the cup with a messy bun hat that I made for the upcoming, cold Winter season. Super Easy and you can pick any quote or design to make it unique to the person you are making a gift for.
Plastic or Glass Tumbler
Mod Podge or another sealant
Design you want to paint
- Clean the tumbler and throughly dry
- Place the design inside the cup to follow as a guide
- Paint the design. I did 3 layers to build up the color but allow the paint to dry between layers.
- Place 2 coats of sealant (Mod Podge) over your design. I used a gloss sealant to create a shiny design.
- Fill your tumbler with candy or another special gift.