I found a new obsession… my new cast iron skillet pan!
On Mother’s Day, my mom and I took the girls shopping at Marshal’s and Home Goods. I was searching for a good cast iron pan but wasn’t a fan of what they had so we went to Walmart and I found a basic 12″ pan which is what I wanted. I won’t lie…. I have been intimidated to actually use the pan but this is my second dish and wow is it easy and delish! (The first dish is my signature Chicken Paprikash which was amazing too!)
This Baked Ziti dish is so easy and yummy that I had to share it with all of you!
One Pan Baked Ziti
A Great One Pan dinner for the family to enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic; sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can/jar tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz box of pasta (ziti/penne/rigatoni)
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Move the oven rack to the middle and Set oven to 450 degrees. Heat cast iron or another oven safe pan with your oil.
- Brown your ground meat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the garlic, basil and oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Lower the heat to low/medium and simmer for 10 minutes; occasionally stir.
- Add the water and pasta. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and leave at a low boil for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream, 1/2 the cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the rest of cheese over the noodles.
- Place the pan in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is browned.Be cautious that pan is hot when serving the meal to your loved ones.
- Enjoy a dinner with the people you love.