I am an exclusively pumping mama so I know that keeping my breastmilk supply is super important. A few weeks ago, my supply took a huge dive and I have no idea why. I haven’t had any diet changes or anything that I would think that would change my supply so I did research on what helps with increasing a mother’s supply. There are a list of different foods and supplements that can help so I decided to put them together into one of my energy bites.
After 2 days of eating one of these bites every time I pumped resulted in my supply getting back to normal and after a week of doing this my supply increased about 1-2 ounces per session! This was amazing to me!
Notes about the recipe: I used dip mixes for fruit dips that I found in the baking and spices aisle of the grocery store to roll the bites in to make them tastier but they are still delish without the garnish. Also, for an extra crunch, I use crunchy peanut butter.
You can keep the bites in the fridge for up to a week or put into the freezer and defrost them for the day if you want to make a large batch!
*Please note that I am not a medical professional or lactation consultant, just a breastfeeding mother who found a recipe that works for me and wanted to share with all of you!
Lactation No Bake Bites
A super easy, no bake snack that aids in increasing breastmilk supply for breastfeeding moms.
- 1/2 cup of peanut, almond or a butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup honey, preferred raw for lactation increase
- 1/3 cup of ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons of ground brewer’s yeast
- garnish for rolling the bites in ie: fruit dip mix, mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes, raisins, etc
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter of your choice and the water until the butter is softened.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put an oil like olive or coconut on your hands for the next part for an easier time: Take a tablespoon of the mixture, roll it into a ball (this is where is gets sticky and messy), then roll the ball into your garnish.
- Place the garnished bite onto a baking sheet with parchment paper lining.
- Put the bites on the baking sheet into the fridge to firm up. In about an hour they are ready to eat!